In today’s world of social distancing and working from home, marketers are seeing an exploding use of QR Codes, which connect buyers to marketing and product information in a safe and touchless way. QR Codes give buyers confidence that you value their health and safety, while still giving them access to the information they want and need.
What are QR Codes? They are those black-and-white squares you see on direct mailers, menus, posters, and other print communications that, when viewed through the lens of a cell phone camera, take the buyer from the printed piece directly to the web. Older phones require the user to download an app, while newer cameras have the capability built-in. Just point the camera at the QR Code, and it launches the phone’s web browser and takes them right to the desired content.
So, where are the best places to use QR Codes? Here are five places to get started:
- Packaging.QR Codes have tremendous value as “closers” on retail sales. Link to videos of happy customers using your products or ways to use your products that shoppers might not have thought of.
- Provide directions.Are you encouraging people to stop by your retail location or attend an event? Add a QR Code to your direct mail piece that launches directions to the place.
- Enter social media contests.Ask people to upload pictures or videos as a way to create engagement. How do most people take photos and videos? On their phones. Why not create a print-to-mobile link to make it easy to participate?
- Download coupons.What is one of the best ways to tip the scales for shoppers on the fence about a purchase decision? Give them a coupon. QR Codes are a great way to do that on the spot. “Scan this code for 15% off!”
- Hang tags or shelf-talkers.What information might people need to make a purchase decision that they don’t see on the package? Installation instructions? Comparisons to competitive products? Provide a QR Code leading to pictures or videos with that information.
QR Codes are great tools. To get the most out of them, use them in ways that provide real value.
Need help? Let us brainstorm ways to put QR Codes to use for you!